StageNotes.net connects great artists and art forms to creative teachers and their students through new technologies. We think it’s an innovative first step in the noble campaign to redefine, re-energize and restore arts education in schools throughout America. StageNotes.net is supported by a legion of thought leaders working in education, technology, theatrical production and presentation, literary publishing, music recording, student travel, social entrepreneurship, and every aspect of the performing arts.
Our advisors share a commitment to excellence, a vision for education, and a passion for the performing arts and the role it can play in the lives of every individual. Equally important, they share our belief that access to exceptional, creative, professionals—the artists on stage; the writers, designers and technicians back stage; the musicians in the pit, professionals who work in all aspects of production, and the producers, theatre owners and support businesses that run the shows. This access can provide life-changing insights that can help a student visualize how they too can develop essential skills that will enable them to succeed in today’s technologically sophisticated and multi-cultural world.
Our team would like to thank the many industry professionals who have given their time and expertise in defining this starting point for StageNotes.net.
- Babette Allina, director, Government Relations, Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, RI
- Lori Byrnes, education consultant, TaskStream, New York, NY
- Timothy Beekman, president, Safari Montage, Chicago, IL
- Melissa Caolo, managing director, Camp Broadway, LLC, New York, NY
- Brian W. Curran, chief operating officer, DAS Global, New York, NY
- Kurt Deutsch, president, ShK-a-Boom and Ghostlight Records, New York, NY
- Brian Harasek, director, Nederlander Sales & Patron Services, New York, NY
- Glen Huot, director, Monroe Regional Information Center, Monroe #1 BOCES, Rochester, NY
- Michael Kantor, documentary filmmaker, Broadway: The American Musical
- Eileen LaCario, vice president of marketing, Broadway in Chicago, Chicago, Ill
- Glenn Loney, president, The Working Arts Library, New York, NY
- Jeff Main, president, Questeq, Pittsburgh, PA
- Laurence Maslon, NYU professor and author, Broadway: The American Musical
- Martin McGuire, digital media systems manager, Chicago Public School Systems
- Jen McLaughlin, coordinator library, media services & the arts, Monroe #1 BOCES, Rochester, NY
- Dana Saltzman Siegel, director of marketing & digital media, Rodgers & Hammerstein Theatricals, Imagen, New York, NY
- Fred Stuart, vice president of marketing, Theatrical Rights Worldwide, New York, NY
- Jim Synder, account executive, Safari Montage, Philadelphia, PA
- Stanley Silverman, director, Technology-Based Learning Systems, New York Institute of Technology, New York, NY
- Elbie Yaworski, executive director, 3 Rivers Connect, Pittsburgh, PA